Wednesday 7 July 2010

Mindfulness For Dummies is shipping in the UK

I'm pleased to say that the first copies of 'Mindfulness For Dummies' are finally being received by people today in the UK. The book is actually being released globally, and apparently it will be translated into many different languages, but at the moment, it's only shipping in the UK.

As this is my first book, it's particularly exciting! It's strange to see my name on Amazon, and on the cover of the book. I can't seem to make myself actually read it....perhaps with time.

However, I do listen to the CD that I recorded, almost every day. As I wrote the script for the CDs according to my own taste, I find the mindfulness meditations particularly good, if I may say so! I like mindfulness meditations to have lots of reminders to be kind and compassionate to oneself, and to be spoken with a soft voice, which is what I've done. I've also separated the introductions to the meditations from the actual meditations themselves, which is useful because if the intro is part of the guided meditation everytime, it becomes a bit tedious.

I've ordered some copies myself from Amazon, but won't be getting them till Friday. I can't wait! Fortunately I have several friends and family members that want a copy, and so I very much look forward to signing it for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment